Brad helps his clients make sense of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), small business regulations, and other statutory and regulatory minefields. He has particular expertise in small business compliance, and the 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), HUBZone, and Women-Owned and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small business (WOSB and EDWOSB) programs. In fact, Brad is regularly sought as a subject matter expert and speaker in these areas by trade associations, governmental organizations, as well as government contractors, consultants, and other professionals in the industry.
In addition to his government contracts counseling and compliance work, Brad has successfully defended and prosecuted numerous bid protests, size and status protests before the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the Court of Federal Claims, and the Small Business Administration (SBA). Together with his broad government contracts experience, Brad gained significant litigation experience practicing in the Trial Section of one of Virginia’s premier law firms, Kaufman & Canoles, P.C. He has trial and appellate experience in complex litigation in the state and federal courts both inside and outside Virginia, including appeals to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Court of Appeals of Virginia, and successful arguments before the Virginia Supreme Court. Through this experience, Brad is able to help his clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
Born and raised in Hampton Roads, Brad is a long-time member and contributor to the Tidewater Government Industry Counsel and Tidewater Association of Service Contractors, Brad also serves on the Board of Directors and as legal counsel to the Women in Defense, Greater Hampton Roads Chapter. Brad is a member of the Public Contract Law Section of the American Bar Association and also a member of the Virginia State Bar Construction Law and Public Contracts Section. He is also a member of the Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association and the Chesapeake Bar Association. Law & Politics has selected Brad as a “Rising Star” in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 in the area of Government Contracts.
- 2012 Virginia State Bar, Public Contracts Law Section, “Navigating through Minority and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Programs and Regulations”
- 2012 East Coast Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business Conference
SDVOSB Certification Issues (VA CVE Certification vs. SBA Self-Certification)
- 2012 Women in Defense, Greater Hampton Roads Chapter
Contract Management Training (Pressure Points in Government Contracting)
- 2011 Dixon, Hughes, Goodman Government Contracts Annual Year-in-Review
- 2011 Professional Development Seminar (WID-GHR) Teaming Agreements
- 2011 Women Impacting Public Policy/American Express Open
Women Owned Small Business Program
- 2011 Women in Defense, Greater Hampton Roads
WOSB and EDWOSB Boot Camp
- 2011 Tidewater Government Industry Council
Changing Landscape of Small Business
- 2010 Dixon, Hughes, Goodman Government Contracts Annual Year-in-Review